Table of Contents
Infant Mortality and Pregnancy Loss: Resources for Families. 2011. (MCH Library)
Preconception and Pregnancy: Resources for Families. 2012. (MCH Library)
Resource Center Publications
- After Sudden Infant Death: Facing Anniversaries, Holidays, and Special Events (2005).
- Helping Baby Back to Sleep (2009) | En Español (2010).
- Safe Sleep for Your Baby Around the Clock: Birth to 12 Months (2009).
- Selected Resources for Grieving Parents, Their Families, Their Friends, and Other Caregivers (2007).
- The Death of a Child, the Grief of the Parents: A Lifetime Journey (2011).
- The Grieving Child: Helping Children Cope with Grief When an Infant Dies (2011).
Selected Bereavement Resources
The publications listed here are for families who are dealing with bereavement and for the health professionals who work with them.
- Selected Bereavement and Grief Resources (2007)
- Selected Bereavement Resources for Children (2007)
- Selected Bereavement Resources for Health Professionals (2006)
- Selected Bereavement Resources for Parents, Families, and Friends (2007)
- Selected Bereavement Resources for Grandparents (2007)
Safe to Sleep Campaign
Safe to Sleep Public Education Campaign
Brochures and other items for families in English and Spanish.
CJ Foundation for SIDS
Printable one-page handouts illustrating safe sleep positions and other safe sleep messages.
New and Expectant Parents
Information about the first, second and third trimesters of pregnancy; time spent at the hospital after delivery; months 1–6 of the baby’s life and beyond; SIDS facts; stillbirth facts and questions and answers; and bedtime basics for babies. Links and resources for more information are provided.
Information about surviving stillbirth or the sudden death of an infant; grief resources; resources for children, grandparents, and friends and relatives; memorial opportunities. Grief counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-800-221-7437. The site is available in 54 languages.
Helping Your Baby Sleep Safely. Resources on a safe sleep environment for infants, including a blog, Sleep Like a Baby: The Keys to Infant Slumber, which focuses on using the military support system and what to do during permanent changes of station.
State SIDS Organizations
Many states provide materials and services for individuals and families who have experienced the sudden unexpected death of an infant or a pregnancy loss. See the Links to SUID and SIDS Partners page for state organizations, national organizations, and federal agencies.
Many resources on this site are designed for families. See any topic of interest in the A–Z Topics list. Video, audio, and other multimedia resources are available on the Multimedia page.